Tomorrow begins the roadtrip to Florida where I start my internship. I can’t believe this is actually happening. Planning for this internship, this major life event, started 3 1/2 years ago when I selected my major and did major research on it. I am a cluster of emotions: excited to start a new life chapter, sad to leave home/parents/friends/THE familiar in general, eager to learn all that I can in the next 8 months, anxious that my dog might pass away while I am gone, open to new friendships and relationships that will develop out of all of this.
Life will be a lot different from here on out, that’s for sure, but I will still be the same person, more or less 😉
21 days of no work, school, or sorority obligations = the longest break I have ever had from either. Wow. Here is a little list of what happened:
- Quiet Christmas at home
- Saw Avatar, 500 Days of Summer, and the Princess and the Frog
- Started reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
- Traveled to grandparents for New Years day
- Cooked 4 new recipes: black bean chili, lime/pepper couscous, pomegranate squash, balsamic beans and spaghetti squash
- Began Turbulence Training (interval training) on the treadmill
- Finished 2nd go-round of P90x
- Wrote about 20 blog entries
- Attended the annual Christmas Cookie Decorating Party and the right-side of my brain showed up, (aka the cookies turned out pretty!)
- Purchased Wii Fit Plus, really fun
- Packed, packed, packed!